Published on: 22 April 2021
Many thanks to Cooling Lab for sharing power generation know-how with SPECS members.
In the past, power generation in Singapore was mostly from oil-fired Steam Turbine Generators (STG). However, since the arrival of Natural Gas, there was a major shift from STG to Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT). In these series of workshops, the participants will learn the paradigm shift of types of power stations in Singapore, types of fuel used, types of gas supply in Singapore, what is Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission and how can Green Energy be implemented in Singapore.
Thanks to Cooling Lab delivering the first Energy Workshop to SPECS members creating knowledge in Singapore's energy story from oil to natural gas in power generation
This ½ day workshop will provide a good perspective of the diversification of fuel sources for Singapore’s power generation. After attended the workshop, participants will have a better understanding on: 1. Rational of the major shifts from oil to natural gas for electricity generation in Singapore. 2. Fundamental change from STG to CCGT power plants. 3. Understanding the paradigm shift and its impact for the electricity supply in Singapore. 4. Understanding the resilient of the natural gas supply and Singapore approach on the diversification of natural gas supply to keep the lights on. 5. Future green energy.
The workshop will provide a brief history of gas supply in Singapore, a good perspective of the diversification of different types of gases and paradigm shift of power generation in Singapore. After attended the workshop, participants will have a better understanding on:
• History of Gas supply in Singapore and types of gases available for the end users.
• The resilient of the natural gas supply
• CNG supply in Singapore and the reason why the novelty of CNG did not take off successfully.
• LNG Trucking and potential natural gas supply to eastern part of Singapore
• Different types of gas supply in Singapore
• Overview of the different types of gases and its characteristics
• CNG supply used to be a hot topic and why the novelty proposal was not successfully taken off in Singapore.
• The resilient of the natural gas supply and the risks of gas supply continuity.
• The decision to switch to LNG and construction of LNG Terminal.
• LNG Trucking potential of natural gas supply to the eastern part of Singapore.
Workshop to elaborate on different types of gas supply in Singapore and sources of natural gas supply and LNG Trucking.